Monday, January 2, 2017

JULIA in VELVET-TEENS!


When my current Vintage era obsession took hold, I got some final few Mod dolls and outfits that I pretty much neglected to shoot ... one of them was the original TNT Julia doll from 1969. Even though I bought the repro early on in my collecting, I'm SO glad I got this one. One can see the difference in quality  straight away... This vintage gal's face and hand sculpts are a little sharper, her makeup much stronger (This WAS the late 60's, remember!) and her body is much sturdier than the repro;- her joints are much smoother and tighter and her knees click much harder! Her hair isn't as 'choppy' as I expected, either, (which was one of the reasons I got the repro in the first place, as I wanted to give her a 'Vidal Sassoon' bob.)  I always wanted to put this gal in one of my most prized Mod era outfits, the Sear's exclusive 'Velvet-teens'. It goes with her deep red hair so perfectly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment