Monday, July 4, 2016

Who wore it best?


Finally got an outfit I have wanted for years! - The 1967 Sear's exclusive 'Velvet-teens' ... (Nothing as groovy as a velvet pantsuit and a ruffled blouse! Reminds me of Marianne Faithfull, and - on a cheesier note!- even Susan Dey from the Partridge Family... Even a bit of Austin Powers!) but couldn't decide on who should wear it. The outfit was photographed in the Sear's wishbook on a similar blonde TNT to my one on the right, (See the actual 1967 wishbook page below!) but I think TNT Stacey looks just as 'smashing' in it.  What do you think?


7 comments:

  1. I still vote Stacey! Lol! It is SOOO Austin Powers! I wonder what ken would look like in it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fab idea, Deany! They should have made an equivalent outfit for Ken! (Though he wasn't really around much in late 1967/68.... maybe when they launched the 'New Good Lookin' Ken in 1969, they should have made a groovy velvet pantsuit for him! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame the didn't, it would have been the perfect mixture of cute and sexy IMO.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Eddi! You got this one!! I really love it! One of the first outfits I ever got when I started collecting mod. Julia rocks it. Try it on her someday. This is a fun blog! Much easier than flickr. I can actually spend time and comment here. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do have time to comment on here, Elaine! yes, I want to also try this outfit on Christie or Julia. Another collector friend of mine, Russell' has it on his TNT Christie and it looks amazing on her! Please comment more as I always love to hear from you!

      Delete
    2. Eddi, I saw your TNT Hybrid on flickr. You need to post here here. she is divine. Have you seen the Best Buy Ken outfits from the 70's? Google them. They rock. So many of them, so little time.

      Delete