Thursday, June 9, 2016

Autumn Leaves



One of the funkiest, (furriest!) and most far-out looks from Barbie's Mod era would have to be 'Fur Sighted' from 1970. For something so 'funky',  it's so well constructed and fabricated, and exquisitely detailed... This was always on my wishlist right from the beginning, and I never thought I would have both the orange and red versions, (I've read that the red version is harder to find than the orange one.) Note that the tufts of fur on the red outfit are a little darker than on the orange one. I also love that textured crepe they used for these outfits, as it looks so sophisticated, but LOVE that metallic 'zig-zag' patterned top the most (that's identical to both outfit variations.) Speaking of being identical-  I recently got a gorgeous Titian nape curls Talker, and was amazed to see that she was actually the 'twin' to the brunette version I got years ago (Their heads are virtually identical; - exactly the same shape, size, skin tone and make-up on both! Even though they both look a little different in these shots.)                                                        
I was pruning the trees in my yard as they had gone crazy due to all the rain and was about to throw away all these beautiful golden leaves, but then thought I just had to use them in a shot. Then I remembered that I hadn't really photographed these outfits yet, so here they are, glowing in the early winter sunshine. (Autumn came late here!)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE CREPE! I think it is my all time favourite fabric.I love this outfit and can't wait to get the orange version for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to borrow it, Deany! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another outfit that rocks on Julia or Christie. So very 70's chic! Having fun checking these goodies out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! So great to hear from you! I may put them on Julia and Christie! (I also have a VINTAGE Julia now as well as that repro!)

      Delete