Thursday, June 2, 2016

Bedtime stories



"Would you like a bedtime story, Tutti?" Marlo (looking dreamy in 'Night Clouds' from 1968) asks her baby sister, who is busy brushing her hair.
Yes, my Barbie 'Family' is now complete, with Barbie, cousin Francie, little sis Skipper and now, baby sister Tutti, released in 1966 and available in the US throughout the Mod era... (available in Europe and Canada for years afterward, up until 1980.) This one is in near-mint condition and was bought from a dear friend, (Thanks for selling her to me, Deany! :) ) She was part of the fab playset, 'Night-Night, Sleep Tight!' and is in her original sleepwear, complete with still sewn-on slippers. Her friend 'Chris' will soon be joining her! My new platinum haired 'standard' Barbie looks on (the head was another purchase from Dean!) while she wears Julia's 'Pink Fantasy'. Sweet dreams, Tutti! ...

4 comments:

  1. So great that you finally have them all! They are so beautiful. You are definitely the "MOD Barbie Lover"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehehe.... THANKS so much, Deany! It's only because of YOU that the Barbie 'family' is now complete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bedtime stories! Tutti looks cute! I did not know they made a Tutti clone. I found one in a Barbie lot I purchased. How many Tutti's are you shooting for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! That Tutti I actually bought from our Deany as he was planning to sell it and I always wanted one. I don't have any plans for others but I do have her friend, Chris (I'll send you a pic of her!) Yes, I've seen the clones and they are great! I would love to see yours!

      Delete