Tuesday, May 17, 2016

1968 Stripes!


Two big trends from 1968: - the gorgeous-coat-over-dress look in matching fancy fabrics, and STRIPES, especially when they're enriched with streaks of gold, (and is it any wonder that stripes are big again for this Spring/Summer? They always look right...) Here's two favourite outfits from that year, worn by my two newest and favourite blondes. Marlo TNT is rocking a minty version of 'Dancing Stripes'... LOVE the quirky details of this outfit, like the gold shoulder straps on the dress and that fabulous froth of hot pink lace at the hem. While TNT Stacey is jazzing it up in 'All That Jazz', complete with her sparkly tights and orange bowed flats. (I'm obsessed with the bow flat shoes and have them in lots of colours! Canada's Eatons catalogue from 1968 also featured Stacey in this outfit. See below ) This one is dedicated to my close fellow collector friend, Dean, who adores any outfit with those tiny gold ball buttons!




Also please enjoy this TV ad  that showcased some other 1968 Barbie fashions - (one of my favourite years when it comes to Barbie... Love the 'photo-shoot' theme of this ad!) :


2 comments:

  1. My Gosh. Your Marlo is a knock out! Look at that flip! Thanks for the dedication Spageddi! I am so jealous of these two outfits! Especially Dancing Stripes as that has been on my wishlist for AGES! I wanted was back when I got my first Standard (that I have now sold). I love those gorgeous pleats on All That Jazz too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deany!!! :D So I guess she is on your list to steal as well, eh? LOL You can borrow Dancing Stripes anytime! Maybe some other TNT lass would like to wear it?

      Delete